After the completion of an initial survey and a thorough soil testing and analysis, heating oil leaks may be discovered. When heating oil from an underground or above ground storage tank comes into contact with soil or groundwater; the State of New Jersey requires property owners to take immediate action; prompting the clean up process. Storage tanks can rust and leak over time – producing an environmental hazard. The best course of action to remediate a discharge from an underground tank is to remove the source, which is the contaminated soil.
• If a discharge has occurred to the surface or subsurface soil, it must be reported to the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP), subsequently a case number will be assigned to the property. Meridian Environmental will assess the extent of the contamination and will provide guidance moving forward.
• Soils believed to be contaminated above the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection NJDEP clean-up criteria may be excavated or sampled and left in place in accordance with the States guidelines. If excavation is required, all contaminated soils will then be disposed of at a State approved recycling facility.
When groundwater is found to be contaminated above the applicable NJDEP Groundwater Standards, the groundwater must be remediated to bring the groundwater quality within NJDEP Groundwater Criteria.
• Meridian Environmental must delineate the extent of groundwater contamination through various testing prior to implementing taking action.
• The Groundwater Clean up process can be attempted by but not limited to; installing pumps and treatment systems, implementing de-watering methods, perform injections, and/or in-situ.
When testing for groundwater delineations, we use a Geo-Probe. This is a machine used to drill down and quickly collect soil and groundwater samples. Some of the benefits of using this machine are:
• Quick and Simple site delineations
• Collection of continuous soil samples
• Collection of groundwater samples
• Installation of permanent monitoring wells
• Placement of temporary observation wells or piezometers
• Easy soil classification
• Simple bedrock profile gathering
• Evaluation of groundwater elevation
• Multiple sizes of observation or recovery wells - 2" and 4"
Meridian performs an in-depth property inspection for mold which may include air quality testing, wipe sample, swab and surface samples to check for any toxic, elevated, or unusual microbial growth. Mold can occur after water damage or water intrusion; roof leaks, pipe leaks, water getting into your home or basement, flooding etc.
• Investigate exact location of mold.
• Conduct an Air quality testing throughout the home and areas of concern.
• Remove and remediate the mold source through chemical treatment or physically removing the affected area.
• Perform final testing via 3rd party.
We utilize natural mold remediation products created by Benefect to safely and effectively remove mold growth. Pleaseclickthe links below for more information about each product.
"Three cheers for Meridian Environmental Services out of Toms River, NJ. Especially to Chris Delucca, Senior Project Manager and Owner, for all his help in the replacement of my faulty driveway. This is a TOP shelf company, who stands behind their work. I cannot say enough good things about this company and I highly recommend them should anyone need their services. We hear so many things about being ripped off… So here’s a compliment for the good guys"
"During the past several months your company, Meridian Environmental, has performed services for our client, Saturn of Toms River. As I am sure you are aware, this was a difficult time for our client since we were under contract to close title to the property as quickly as possible with AAA. The service which you and your company provided were invaluable. We appreciate your efforts and that of your company to perform all of the services required including the testing of the various wells in an expeditious manner. Your negotiations with the NJDEP went far beyond that which was anticipated in our client’s contract with you."
"The professionalism and expertise of the Meridian Employees was exceptional. To say it wasn’t an easy job is an understatement. They never missed an opportunity to ensure us that regardless how things looked, everything would be okay and it was from “start to finish”. A very hard working crew!"
"The work done by Meridian Environmental Services Inc. is unsurpassable. A Year ago, I had a huge hole in my property… today you would never know they had been there. From start to finish, everything was done in a carefule, professional manner."